Friday 26 August 2016

Oreo Chocolate Cake Recipe

Hello Everyone! A couple of weeks ago I had the urge to make something so I was flipping through my 'Tanya Bakes' book by Tanya Burr which is amazing and I definitely reccomend for people who love to bake. I was flipping through and found the Sunday Cake which is a delicious chocolate cake topped with melted chocolate and any other chocolate of your choice. After searching through the cupboard and fridge back to front I found no chocolate but I still decided to make the cake but decorate it in my own way. I was super happy with the end result and it was by far the best thing I have ever baked! Today I will share with you the recipe I used and some photos I took along the way and of the final product.





Ingredients: 

Chocolate Cake:
170g of Unsalted Butter, softened
170g of Caster Sugar
3 Eggs
140g of Self-Raising Flour, sifted
50g of cocoa powder
1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder

Buttercream Icing:
340g Icing Sugar
180g Butter, Softened
As much cocoa powder as you want, add more for a rich buttercream and less for a subtle taste

To Decorate: 
Oreos, crushed

Method:
1. Preheat oven to 180C/350F
2. Line 2 round cake tins with baking/greaseproof paper
3. In a bowl cream your butter until creamy and light in colour
4. Add the sugar until combined and look light and fluffy
5. Add the eggs, sifted flour, cocoa powder and baking powder and mix until well combined
6. Divide the batter evenly between 2 tins and spread with a spatula
7. Bake for 18-20 minutes 
8. Let Cakes cool in their tins then move to a wire rack to cool completely 
9. For the buttercream icing mix all the ingredients together until it looks light and smooth
10. Once cakes are completely cool spread icing on top on one of the cakes then sandwich together so one is on top of the other (try to make them as straight and even and possible)
11. Spread as much icing as you want onto the top then sprinkle and place your crushed Oreos on top






I absolutely loved this recipe. It was super easy and was delicious and tasted even better with some strawberries and cream along with a hot chocolate or a cup of tea. I would recommend to make this cake and if you do let me know on Instagram or twitter (@kaylahopeblog). I am going to try post again tomorrow so I will see you then!

Love You All

Kayla xx

Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Kayla Hope | All rights reserved.
Blog Layout Created by pipdig