Sunday 20 December 2015

BAKING GINGERBREAD! | BLOGMAS DAY 20



Today I am back with another baking post. I will be showing how to make Gingerbread, I made gingerbread for the first time today, it was hard work but the end results are amazing! 

INGREDIENTS
- Melted Butter to Grease
- 125g of Butter at Room Temperature 
- 1/2 Cup (100g) of Brown Sugar
- 1/2 Cup (125ml) of Golden Syrup
- 1 Egg (You will only need the Yolk)
- 2 1/2 Cups (375g) of Plain Flour
- 1 TableSpoon of Ground Ginger
- 1 Teaspoon of Mixed Spice
- 1 Teaspoon of Bicarbonate of Soda
- Plain Flour to Dust

METHOD:

1. Use an Electric Beater/Mixer to beat Butter & Sugar in a bowl until pale & creamy 
2. Add the Golden Syrup & Egg Yolk & beat until combined
3. Mix in the Flour, Ginger, Mixed Spice & Bicarbonate Soda.
4. Place mixture onto a lightly floured surface & knead until smooth (this was defiantly the hardest bit, my arms are still so sore from it!!! I guess there is probably a life hack on google you could research)
5. Once kneaded, form dough into a disc. Cover with Plastic Wrap & place in fridge for 30 minutes to rest.
6. Whilst the dough is resting. Line a large tray or 2 smaller trays with baking paper and melted butter. Also preheat oven to 180°C
7. Place the dough between 2 baking paper sheets & roll out until around 4mm thick (I would recommend using your rolling pin to hit down on the dough at the start since it is really hard!!!)
8. Use any shaped cookie cutters (I used stars & trees) and cut out your gingerbread, placing on your prepared tray as you go. Repeat with any excess dough
9. Bake for 10 minutes in the oven then take out and let cool on rack.
10. You can always decorate but I chose not to since I'm not a huge fan of icing.






ADVENT CALENDAR UPDATE:

The Body Shop:

Today I received a lip balm in a beeswax/honey flavour, I'm not sure though since it doesn't say. It smells amazing though!

That's it for today! I will talk to you tomorrow!

Love you all

Kayla xx

Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Kayla Hope | All rights reserved.
Blog Layout Created by pipdig