Saturday 5 December 2015

CHRISTMAS TRUFFLES | BLOGMAS DAY 5


I absolutely love baking, I find it so much fun & the end result is always brilliant. Well, most times. So I thought why not combine 2 things I love, baking & blogging & bring to you my very first baking recipe.

Today I am going to show you how to make Chocolate Truffles with a small Christmas twist. I used to always make Truffles when I was younger & making them again brought back a lot of memories.

WHAT YOU WILL NEED:

- 250g of Plain Sweet Biscuits (I used Arnotts Marie Biscuits)
- 1/2 cup of fine Desiccated Coconut
- 2 TableSpoons of Cocoa
- 340g of Condensed Milk

TOPPING:
- Fine Desiccated Coconut
- Melted Milk Chocolate
- Red & Green Sprinkles

DIRECTIONS:

Crush your Biscuits in either a food processor or rolling pin (or any other method) until it is fine like flour.

In a large bowl, combine the crushed biscuits, 1/2 a cup of fine desiccated coconut & 2 TableSpoons of Cocoa. Mix until all ingredients are combined well.

Slowly stir in condensed milk small amounts at a time into the mixture.

You should now have a mixture that will easily form into small balls and stay in shape. 

Shape the mixture into small balls whatever size you would like.

Pour a small amount of coconut onto a plate or bowl & roll the balls until all are completely covered. 

Once all are covered in coconut you want to dip the top of the truffle into you melted chocolate and sprinkle with some christmas sprinkles.

Store in the fridge for an hour then make sure you put them into a container otherwise they will go rock hard.

YUM!





ADVENT CALENDAR UPDATE:

Today I got a pair of eyelashes. Personally I don't wear eyelashes and I have never. I feel like I will either give these to someone who will use them or just put them on for fun. These eyelashes are quite suttle and are good for an everyday look. Also sorry for the bad lighting on this photo I just took it & it is currently pitch black outside.




Thats it for today guys! I know this post went up a bit later than usual. I just got back from the carols and quickly had to type this up (post about carols will be up tomorrow). There is currently only 10 minutes left of Blogmas Day 5 so I will say goodbye now.

Love You All

Kayla xx
Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Kayla Hope | All rights reserved.
Blog Layout Created by pipdig