Thursday 1 December 2016

Christmas Shortbread // Christmas 2016

The countdown for christmas has officially begun! Even though we all know it started just less than a year ago! Today I will be sharing with you a recipe for Traditional Christmas Shortbread. Every year my mum and I make shortbread together and it tastes amazing so I thought you guys might want to try it! This post is also a collab with Journey from Journey Speaks or "theeoriginaljay" on instagram. She also put up a blog post sharing a recipe so go check it out, I will link her blog below! Her blog is honestly amazing and her feed on instagram is goals!!

Ingredients:
225g of Plain Flour sifted
115g of Rice Flour, sifted
115g of Caster Sugar, sifted
225g of butter at room temperature

Method
1. Preheat oven to 150C
2. Combine flour, rice flour and sugar in a bowl
3. Using your fingertips rub the butter into the dry ingredients until the consistency resembles breadcrumbs
4. Knead until the dough is smooth
5. Transfer onto a floured surface and roll out until about 1-2cm thick
6. Using any cookie cutters, of course I used christmassy ones, cut out shapes
7. Transfer cookies onto tray lined with baking paper
8. Bake in oven for 30-40minutes until golden brown





I'm so happy it is finally December! Opening my advent calendar this morning and eating the chocolate made it feel so real! This month I am going to post about 10-12 times depending on how busy I become. I am posting twice this weekend so I will see you then!

Love you all

Kayla xx

Make sure to check out Journey: journeyspeaks.wordpress.com
Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Kayla Hope | All rights reserved.
Blog Layout Created by pipdig