Friday 18 December 2015

CHRISTMAS CUPCAKES | BLOGMAS DAY 18


Today I am back with a recipe. I love baking so when organising blogmas blog posts I made sure to put a couple of recipes in there. Today I will be showing you how to make Christmas Cupcakes, They are basically Vanilla Cupcakes with Food Colouring so they are super easy but taste & look amazing.

YOU WILL NEED:

VANILLA CUPCAKES:

- 125g Of Unsalted Softened Butter
- 1 Cup of Caster Sugar
- 3 Eggs
- 1 Teaspoon of Vanilla Exract
- 1 1/2 Cups of Plain Flour
- 1 Teaspoon of Baking Soda
- 125ml of Milk
- Red & Green Food Colouring

DECORATION:
- Chocolate Frosting (I used Betty Crockers Pre Made Chocolate Frosting)
- Christmas Sprinkles 

METHOD:

1. Preheat Oven to 180 Degrees Celcius. 
2. Line a 12 Hole Muffin/Cupcake Tray with Patty Pans.
3. Beat butter in an electric mixer for 2 minutes until it is pale in colour & creamy.
4. Add Sugar one third at a time beating well between each addition
5. Add Eggs one at a time beating for about a minute between each addition
6. Add vanilla extract & beat until combined
7. Sift half of the flour into the bowl & beat until mixed in, add other half & baking soda & beat until everything is mixed together
8. Add half the milk at a time beating in between
9. This step is optional - separate half the mixture into another bowl. Add green food colouring to one & red to the other, stir until all mixed together. If you find it easier you can just make all the mixture the same colour
10. Add mixture into patty pans (if using 2 different colours add one spoon of each colour into patty pans)
11. Bake for 20 minutes then let them cool completely 
12. To decorate, ice with chocolate frosting & sprinkle christmas sprinkles on top.




Today was my last day of Primary School, ever. All my friends are going their separate sways, going to different High Schools. My friends & I took heaps of photos through out the day & I turned them all into a video making me bawl. I cried at the end of the day hugging all my friends & teachers. I didn't want to leave them all.

ADVENT CALENDAR:

The Body Shop:

Today I got an eyeshadow make up brush

Thats it for today! Talk to you tomorrow!

Love You All

Kayla xx
Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Kayla Hope | All rights reserved.
Blog Layout Created by pipdig